Terms And Conditions Of Our Services
Terms used in this document:
We, Us, Ourselves: Globaltaxonline.com.au ABN: 31 142 405 178 its staff or authorized persons.
You: The client
Engagement: Engagement with us only takes place at the completion of the engagement process. Engagement process begins with the registration of your account on our webpage by supplying with required information, followed by obtaining login details, selecting required services, uploading relevant documents, and completed with the finalization of payments. Completion of these process means that, you have engaged us for the completion of appointments.
Authorization: we are required by law to obtain your authorization before we can act on your behalf. We will assume your authorization to us to act on behalf of you for the appointed matter(s), when you have completed the engagement process, in the absence of a written authorization letter. Your authorization will mean that:
- we can add you to our client list
- we are able to access your information for the purpose of the appointment
- we can access your stored information in the ATO or ASIC portal for the purpose of completing the engaged appointment
- we can access, retrieve, and store information regarding the appointment
For the purpose of this document, appointment means business and accounting services required by you from us, and should be read in conjunction with engagement and authorization:
- is provided for the purpose of undertaking any business and accounting services on your behalf, which may include,
- preparing your financial statements
- preparing and/or lodging tax forms
- preparing and/or lodging Business Activity Statements
- communicating with the relevant authorities regarding the appointed matters
- undertaking any other business and accounting services as directed by you
You can appoint us for your required accounting and taxation services. Some of our services include (not limited to):
- Preparation and lodgement of individual tax returns
- Preparation and lodgement of Business Activity Statements (BAS) & Instalment Activity Statements (IAS)
- Preparation and management of business tax returns
- Audit and defence services
- Tax advice and planning
- Business advice on tax minimisation strategies
- Payroll management and reporting
- Advice on business structures and company formation
- Obtaining an ABN
- ASIC services (Company formation, ACN )
- SMSF set up & accounting services
- Rental properties
- Self-employed and ABN holders
Our Responsibilities and Limitation of Liabilities
Our Standard of Service
- We act on behalf of you keeping your ‘best interests in mind’ and in providing your requested services we will be acting competently, timely and honestly; we will maintain a high standard in our works, and we will act in an ethical manner in all aspects of the provision of our services to you.
- Finding best solutions for your circumstance
- Maintaining accuracy in our works and providing you updated advice, solutions at least to the industry standard
- Ensuring timely lodgment
- Timely communication with you regarding any feedback, follow-ups or additional information required
- Being open and upfront about possible solutions, completion times and fees
- Maintaining confidentiality in handling client’s affairs
- Maintaining honesty and applicable ethical standards throughout the engagement
- Adhering to all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and standards in Australia, required and imposed by the Australian Constitution, Australian Parliaments, Government Authorities and Accounting Bodies.
- We respectfully engage with our clients and take our appointments seriously.
- All of our client information is stored in a password protected/ lock safe place and accessed only by the designated persons.
- We abide by the Australian privacy laws in handling and disseminating client information.
- Clients can request us to close their accounts at any point in time they wish to do so, and request us to delete/return of their documents
- In case where we call you to discuss a matter regarding the appointment, we will introduce ourselves with the designation, however, we will not ask you for any material personal or business information
- Client has the right to refuse to consent to any competed document for lodgment
Limitation of our Responsibilities and Liabilities
“Liability limited by a scheme approved under professional standards legislation”.
- In preparing your financial statements, forms and returns, we solely rely on the information you have supplied to us for the appointed purpose, and we assume they are accurate, relevant, and complete. Therefore, you will assume any losses or financial liabilities and their rectification resulting from the inaccuracies in the information supplied by you.
- While we strive to ensure utmost accuracy in our works, occasionally mistakes, omissions, and errors, and are unavoidable due to human errors, equipment failures or due to other unavoidable circumstances (manmade or natural). Should any errors or omissions detected in our services, we will attempt but not guaranteeing to rectify the situation to a satisfactory standard without any further fees charged to you from us. However, any fees charged by third parties regarding such a situation will need to be paid by you. Also, any loses, or financial damages incurred in such a situation will not be borne by us.
- While we attempt to complete a service within a reasonable timeframe, at least to the industry standard, completion of any appointed services will depend on our workload, available human resources, timely turnaround of documents, and proper functioning of our business system. Therefore, we do not guarantee meeting any deadlines and cannot take responsibilities for any losses occurred due to missing deadlines.
- We securely store any information you provide to us according to the Australian Privacy laws. Your information is accessed only by the designated person for the services you have appointed us for. However, information regarding a completed service needed to be retained by us for the required duration according to the record keeping requirements by the relevant authorities before they are safely disposed of.
- Despite our utmost efforts to secure your information, we cannot be held liable for any data losses or damages due to theft (physical or computer hacking), fire, flood, computer malfunctions or damages, hacking, natural disasters or other unavoidable circumstances caused by natural or human actions and any consequential financial or other losses caused to the client.
- Refund of fees: Refunds of any fees depends on the amounts of work completed.
- For completed forms that are sent for client’s review cannot be returned.
- Refund of fees paid for appointments which are still at the preparation stage, will be subject to the deduction of equivalent hourly rates determined by us.
Your Rights and Responsibilities
- Receive a completion of your appointments within a reasonable timeframe.
- Review any completed work before lodgment
- Decision to proceed with the lodgment
- Withdrawing your account with us and return of documents
- Decision to supply us any requested documents
- Enquire about the progress of your appointments
- Discuss about your options, tasks required for an appointment and fees before engaging with us
- Enquire about our credentials and licenses
- Confirming with us about the credibility or identify of a person claiming to be our agent or staff
- Providing us with the relevant and complete information regarding the appointed matter, and providing documents/statements containing true, complete, and accurate information
- Providing evidence for expenses claims
- Providing details of other related parties involved in the appointments
- Timely supply of requested documents to us regarding your appointments
- Providing us complete information regarding your financial affairs
- Responding in a timely manner to our queries regarding the appointed service(s)
- Communicating any information/documents containing material personal / business information, only through our business email, secured web portal, and/or in-person.
- Not providing any personal/material/business information verbally over the telephonic system or other means except through our business email, web portal or in-person.
- Not to share your login details
- Finalizing fees before undertaking your appointment(s)
It is part of compliance that we have to verify your identity before lodging your tax return to the Australian Tax Office. Therefore you need to add a proof of ID. Proof of ID can be one of those below.Proof of ID (Clear image)*Driver’s LicensePassport BirthCertificateOtherGovernment-issued IDs such as d, Pensioner’s Card, Healthcare Card, Medicare car etc……………………………………………………………………………………Data Access Consen:
You need to give us consent so our accountant can access your ATO (Australian Taxation Office) relevant data to complete your tax return accurately.I consent for GlobaltaxOnline.com.au to be appointed as my tax agentI authorize that GlobaltaxOnline.com.au can obtain relevant data from/to the ATO(Australian Taxation Office) to prepare my income tax return.GlobaltaxOnline.com.au may contact the ATO (Australian Taxation Office) or any employers on my taxation and superannuation affairs.I certify that the above information is true and correct and agreed with the terms and condition of the GlobaltaxOnline.com.au.